Sunday, September 20, 2009

Pearl buttons, red ribbon, and lace trim


Well as I had expected I had a very busy weekend. The football game, ticket taker experience wasn't so bad. Mom and I made great headway with my Halloween costume. And the cookout was so much fun! My friends ended up getting a pop up camper! It was so cozy and nice!
Did I mention that the making of this costume was my first "real" sewing experience. I sure did pick a dozy of a pattern. I arrived bright and early at mom's house both days. We ended up spending two full work days on this garment, with a half hour for lunch. I can't imagine how long it would have taken just one of use to sew.
If mom was sewing I was cutting, pinning, or ironing (and vice versa).
I think it turned out lovely. The only thing left is the grommets and lacing of the red ribbon. There are so many possibilities with this pattern. I originally thought that Jason and I would go as the Mad Hatter and March Hare..but we'll see.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
MrsH Quips. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino