Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Pixelated


Ok, so as I've stated before, I am an art teacher. Part of last week and this week I have been working with some of my classes on portraiture. Self portraiture to be exact.
Last year I used this technique with fruit for inspiration. I have to admit they turned out brilliantly. So this year I decided to push the envelop a little further and go with self-portraits.
We have practiced drawing the parts of the face...eyes, nose, mouth, etc... Now the students are putting the parts together to create a face; their face using fold up mirrors. Once the contours are drawn, and in proper proportion, they are to color each graph space with colored pencils. The result is an impressionistic styled portrait! Gorgeous! Here is my example I've been working on. I will post student examples later as they work. I'm excited about this one!

1 comments:

amber {daisy chain} said...

This is gorgeous, I can't wait to see the final portrait!

Post a Comment

 
MrsH Quips. Design by Exotic Mommie. Illustraion By DaPino